Frequently Asked Questions
SEPTEMBER 26 & 27, 2013 |
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS | BANFF, AB
1. What is included in the registration?
Registration includes all events, meals & reception on
Thursday, and all events and meals on Friday.
2. When can I register?
3. What is the registration cut off date?
Although there is no cut-off date, registration will close
once the Forum reaches maximum capacity. Register soon, as last
year's forum was sold out.
4. Is there any criteria that presenting companies will have to
Investors make up the majority of the selection committee. The
applications are evaluated on a number of criteria including
'fundability', market pain, management, completeness of proposal,
etc. Our goal is to bring the best companies that have the highest
chance of being funded in contact with the investors.
5. Will any equipment be made available to
The Banff Venture Forum will provide an overhead projector,
computer, microphone, etc. The presenting companies must submit the
presentation to the organizers prior to the conference so all the
presentations can be loaded on one computer.
6. My company is located in the United States, can I
still participate in the forum?
Yes, the Forum is open to international companies as
7. What is the best way to get to Banff from the Calgary
The most efficient way is to rent a car from the airport and
drive. The Fairmont Banff Springs hotel is on the outskirts of
Banff with a 15 minute walk to the downtown area.
Alternatively, the town offers a shuttle service to and from the
8. How do I get to the Fairmont Banff Springs
Google Maps link
Directions from Highway 1
- 15 minutes passed the park gates exit at the Banff/Lake
- At the stop sign turn left on Banff Ave.
- Follow Banff Ave to the end and over a bridge.
- After the bridge, turn left and stay in the left lane onto
- This street will take you directly to the front doors of the
9. If the Fairmont Banff Springs is fully booked, what
is the next closest hotel?
The closest hotel is the Rimrock Resort Hotel. For more
information and reservations, visit the Rimrock
If you still have questions, Contact Us to get them answered.