FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
SEPTEMBER 21 & 22, 2017 | FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS | BANFF, AB
1. What is included in the registration?
Registration includes all events, meals & reception on Thursday, and all events and meals on Friday.
2. When can I register?
3. What is the registration cut off date?
Although there is no cut-off date, registration will close once the Forum reaches maximum capacity. Register soon, as last year's forum was sold out.
4. Is there any criteria that presenting companies will have to meet?
Investors make up the majority of the selection committee. The applications are evaluated on a number of criteria including 'fundability', market pain, management, completeness of proposal, etc. Our goal is to bring the best companies that have the highest chance of being funded in contact with the investors.
5. Will any equipment be made available to presenters?
The Banff Venture Forum will provide an overhead projector, computer, microphone, etc. The presenting companies must submit the presentation to the organizers prior to the conference so all the presentations can be loaded on one computer.
6. My company is located in the United States, can I still participate in the forum?
Yes, the Forum is open to international companies as well.
7. What is the best way to get to Banff from the Calgary Airport?
The most efficient way is to rent a car from the airport and drive. The Fairmont Banff Springs hotel is on the outskirts of Banff with a 15 minute walk to the downtown area. Alternatively, the town offers a shuttle service to and from the hotel.
8. How do I get to the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel?
Google Maps link
Directions from Highway 1
- 15 minutes past the park gates exit at the Banff/Lake Minnewanka exit.
- At the stop sign turn left on Banff Ave.
- Follow Banff Ave to the end and over a bridge.
- After the bridge, turn left and stay in the left lane onto Spray Ave.
- This street will take you directly to the front doors of the hotel
9. If the Fairmont Banff Springs is fully booked, what is the next closest hotel?
The closest hotel is the Rimrock Resort Hotel. For more information and reservations, visit the Rimrock website
If you still have questions, Contact Us to get them answered.